Thursday, April 8, 2010

A True Stud-muffin!

Hi there friends!
Just a little update on how life is going right now. I have been really sick. It's like having a really bad flu for the past 2 weeks. MISERABLE! The worst part is that each day I hope to feel a little better but instead I seem to be getting worse. Achy, nausea, dry heaving, coughing, sharp stomach pain. Let's just say, that I never recommend having chronic pancreatitis, EBV, chronic fatigue, and the flu. But I was able to go to the doctor the other day and he gave me some meds to help mask the symptoms. Anyway, the real reason for this post is not for me to have an on-going self-pity party because anyone who knows me is well aware that I hate pity. The reason I am writing is to say thank you to my WONDERFUL HUSBAND MICHAEL! He has been an incredible source of help and support this past month. Waiting on me hand and foot, staying up late with me, taking care of the housework. Basically, he has been busting his butt to make me comfortable and still getting up and going to work each day. I know what most of you are thinking... duh, he supposed to do that, in sickness and in health right? Well, Michael is no ordinary husband. He is a strong and courageous, he faces pain every moment of every day. Most people know that he has a "bad back". Most people know that he has no tailbone. But few people really know all the complications that come with having a severely painful chronic back problem. I could give you all the medical terminology and explain what is medically and technically wrong, but nothing says is in a way that can fully depict how hard each moment of every day is for him. Sitting is painful, laying down is painful, standing is painful, bending over is painful, reaching for things are painful, putting on his shoes in the morning is no small task. Not to mention, how hard it is to put on a smile each day and go to work to provide for your wife. He really is a stud! So the next time you see Michael, the next time you shake his hand or call him on the phone, remember that behind that cheerful smile and that witty humor is a man who makes the conscious decision each moment of each day to persevere despite incredible amounts of constant, unrelenting chronic pain. I am thanking God for Michael today, as I do everyday. Please take the time and say a prayer for Michael today. Perhaps even go a step further and give me a call, write him a note, or send him an email letting him know that you acknowledge his pain and are proud of all he accomplishes daily. I can say it over and over again, but there are times when he deserve a little more encouragement. So take the time and encourage today! Michael you are an incredible example of what God has called a man to be, and I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! LOVE YOU MICHAEL, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING CARE OF ME!!!!
love,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment